Thank you to all of my wonderful & wise colleagues!

I also got some really good advice about asking the donor to check the
pricing as we cannot do that as the recipient of the gift.

Here is the list of sources to find prices (in ranked order):

http://www.abebooks.com/
http://used.addall.com/
http://www.vialibri.net/
http://www.worldwide.com/  <http://www.worldwide.com/>