From: Eli Kintisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:55 PM
Subject: Research question for RISD course...
To: [log in to unmask], Annalisa Oswald <[log in to unmask]>

Mark:

I'm a journalist on a fellowship at MIT; I've been asked by RISD to propose
a course for next year to be taught to students at RISD as part of the
EPSCoR partnership.

The course would focus on building an iPad or html5 app that explored how
the ocean is being altered by climate change. The idea is that students,
working in teams, would
 -- study the basic facts on marine science as scientists or scientific
documents laid it out
 -- work collaboratively as a group to determine how the app would be
organized, what its design would be
 -- in teams create the individual assets which made up the app.

I asked Susan Doyle how we might determine whether this format of a class
has been taught at any other art schools, or in art departments of other
universities.

She suggested I ask you. I've cc'd Annalisa Oswald, who I'm working with on
the proposal.

Best,
Eli