Dear ARLIS,

I have an undergraduate senior doing her yearlong project on
masks/masques/masquerades of the 17th century, and Venice in particular.
I'm having a hard time finding anything substantial that describes what it
was like to attend a masked ball. We've found more than enough material
related to theater, dance and costume, but not much on what it was like to
be at such an event. Suggestions are welcomed!

Sara
Sara J. MacDonald, Public Services Librarian
The University of the Arts - University Libraries & Archives
320 S Broad St - Philadelphia PA 19102 - USA
http://library.uarts.edu/  [log in to unmask]  215-717-6282
Like us! http://www.facebook.com/UArtsLibraries