An inquiry I'm sure many on this listserve would have expertise on.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: B.J. Hampton <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:27 AM
Subject: [rusa-l] Cuban Art Research
To: [log in to unmask]

I am preparing some background research on pre-revolutionary (pre-1959) Cuban art for friends.  A few pieces are being offered at the fall Latin American Art auction at Sotheby’s:

http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/2011/latin-american-art-n08798/overview.html

And Christie’s:

http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/searchresults.aspx?intSaleID=23089#action=refine&intSaleID=23089&sid=d87fdf6f-b21c-4c91-a513-44660a1dda69

I’m particularly looking for information on Wilfredo Lam and Angel Acosta Leon (please excuse the absence of diacritical marks in the spelling of the names).

So far, I’ve found only brief listings online, and the print works I’ve consulted have been similarly limited.  Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

I can see Cuban art, pre-revolutionary and post-revolutionary, as a valuable cross-disciplinary study, as well as a cultural resource that is inaccessible to most.

Barbara J. Hampton, J.D., M.L.S.

Reference Librarian

Sacred Heart University

--