An inquiry I'm sure many on this listserve would have expertise on.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: B.J. Hampton <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:27 AM
Subject: [rusa-l] Cuban Art Research
To: [log in to unmask]

I am preparing some background research on pre-revolutionary (pre-1959)
Cuban art for friends.  A few pieces are being offered at the fall Latin
American Art auction at Sotheby’s:****

http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/2011/latin-american-art-n08798/overview.html
****

And Christie’s: ****

http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/searchresults.aspx?intSaleID=23089#action=refine&intSaleID=23089&sid=d87fdf6f-b21c-4c91-a513-44660a1dda69
****

** **

I’m particularly looking for information on Wilfredo Lam and Angel Acosta
Leon (please excuse the absence of diacritical marks in the spelling of the
names). ****

** **

So far, I’ve found only brief listings online, and the print works I’ve
consulted have been similarly limited.  Any suggestions or recommendations
would be appreciated.****

** **

I can see Cuban art, pre-revolutionary and post-revolutionary, as a
valuable cross-disciplinary study, as well as a cultural resource that is
inaccessible to most.****

** **

Barbara J. Hampton, J.D., M.L.S.****

Reference Librarian****