Hello all,

On behalf of the ARLIS/NA Professional Development-Education Subcommittee, I would like to announce a policy update regarding the professional development webinars series, and also let everyone know that recordings from the two most recent webinars are available.

Current ARLIS/NA members will now be the first to view webinar recordings, which are posted to the ‘member log in’ area of the ARLIS website. New recordings will be kept there for a six month moratorium following the original event date, during which they may be accessed anytime by ARLIS members.

After the moratorium has passed, recordings will be archived on the main webinars page (under Career Resources > Webinars) where they may be viewed by anyone. Posted recordings that are older than six months continue to be available here, as is general info about webinars and related policies.

Recordings from recent webinars “From Multiple Literacies to Managing Assessment” and “Collection Development, Stitch By Stitch” are now available on the members' site.

To access member-preview webinar recordings:

    * Click “member log in” at arlisna.org and sign in
    * Recordings are listed at the bottom of the page – a link and a password for each recording is posted.
    * Click the link to access the video
    * Enter the indicated password when prompted

This decision was made in support of the Executive Board’s interest in adding value to ARLIS/NA annual membership dues. Many of you have expressed that participation in the live webinars is a great benefit of being an ARLIS/NA member. Access to the newest webinar recordings will provide another incentive to renew your membership or become a new ARLIS/NA member.

Please keep in mind that not all webinars have been or will be recorded, as speakers have the right to refuse this option. But we will aim to provide recordings whenever possible. I appreciate everyone's patience in waiting for the newest recordings while the details of this policy update were being worked out.

I would like to acknowledge Sarah Carter (Education Liaison to the Executive Board), Stacy Brinkman (Chair, PDC committee), and Chris Roper (webinar manager at ARLIS HQ) for their assistance and advice towards this effort.

If you have comments or questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me or any other PDC-ED member.

Best, the PDC-ED Subcommittee:

Heather Koopmans, Chair
Adrienne Lai
Cara List