Thanks Sherman, et al. Sorry if my description was confusing. To further refine ---> I am not thinking about print on demand here. A few more examples :

this publication was released by Sternberg Press from PDF's first accumulated on the artists' Dexter Sinister's website.
http://arcade.nyarc.org:80/record=b918112~S8

This is a publication reissues in total all the press releases distributed electronically by e-flux.
http://arcade.nyarc.org:80/record=b623739~S8

Similarly, this is a reader by Sternberg Press that published articles featured in e-flux's electronic journal.
http://arcade.nyarc.org:80/record=b933055~S8

or this artist's book by Nick Atkins is a reconstituted version of this video diary blog - http://tvtvchannel.com/   =
http://catalog.andpress.com/product/tvtv-1-52