Thanks Sherman, et al. Sorry if my description was confusing. To further
refine ---> I am not thinking about print on demand here. A few more
examples :

this publication was released by Sternberg Press from PDF's first
accumulated on the artists' Dexter Sinister's website.
http://arcade.nyarc.org:80/record=b918112~S8<http://arcade.nyarc.org/record=b918112%7ES8>

This is a publication reissues in total all the press releases distributed
electronically by e-flux.
http://arcade.nyarc.org:80/record=b623739~S8<http://arcade.nyarc.org/record=b623739%7ES8>

Similarly, this is a reader by Sternberg Press that published articles
featured in e-flux's electronic journal.
http://arcade.nyarc.org:80/record=b933055~S8<http://arcade.nyarc.org/record=b933055%7ES8>

or this artist's book by Nick Atkins is a reconstituted version of this
video diary blog - http://tvtvchannel.com/   =
http://catalog.andpress.com/product/tvtv-1-52