Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. ARLIS/Western New York met in Ithaca on October 21st, hosted by incoming president Jenny Strickland of Ithaca College. In addition to an art and technology jam session and a business meeting, we toured three green (LEED) buildings at Ithaca College and the Welcome Center at Cornell Plantations (also LEED).

Plans for the 2012 ARLIS/NA conference in Toronto, which we're co-sponsoring, dominated the business meeting. Sandy Brooke joined us via Skype in order to get NA executive board participation. Thanks, Sandy!

We completed the election via email after the meeting. Barbara Opar of Syracuse University was elected incoming Vice President. She joins the following officers for 2012:
Jenny Strickland, Ithaca College, President
Sue Nurse, Memorial Art Gallery, Treasurer
Kathy Corcoran, Munson-Williams-Proctor, Secretary
Yvette Cortes, Skidmore College, Web Editor
Rose Orcutt, University at Buffalo, List Manager
Sherman Clarke, freelance art librarian, Past President

Best wishes to all for a fine Thanksgiving.

Sherman Clarke
President, ARLIS/WNY, 2011