This has been a busy fall for Red Trillium Press.

A short essay describing the process of making Privacidad: En Cuba: Siempre hay algo- ¡Siempre! was published in the Blue Notebook.

After two years of gestation
La playa with an essay by Norberto Marreo, a tribute to those leaving the island is ready to leave the studio.

I am in residence at the Hartford Art School and have work in the Rare Beauty: Contemporary Visions in Books Arts exhibition opening in January 2012.

In collaboration with the Sexual Minorities Archives, Northampton MA. I am offering book arts workshops to the transgender community. The first of two workshops for trans men starts December 3.

The exhibition Rompecabezas: Identidad with Ibrahim Miranda is on display through November 30 atGaleria Servando, 23 y 10, Havana.

Ibrahim and I have started a collaboration using the 1979 Atlas de Cuba we are so fond of. I sent three altered atlases to him this fall and curious to see what returns. We are looking for people traveling to Cuba to help couriering the book between countries.

In early November Red Trillium Press was in New York City for the Editions Artist Book Fair 2011 where we saw old friends, curators, artists and earnest students.

Sometime at these fairs a little magic happens, on Sunday afternoon a four people walk up to the table. Turns out they are part of taller of Dominicans working in the city and collaborating with friends in the Dominican Republic. Dominican York Proyecto Gráfica has great portfolio of prints exploring living in the States.

Eduardo Hernandez Santos was an artist in residence at Hampshire College and his exhibition of El muro at the Smith College Art Museum was up until November 20.

Eduardo’s last couple of days in New England was spent working at the Zea Mays print workshop just down the hall from my studio. There he had the opportunity to show his work to like minded artists and learned how to make paper lithographs.

He returned to Havana with 250 pounds of art books, printmaking supplies, and a couple of teapots. He told me that the over weight fees were worth every penny.

On a personal note: Lilly’s band Big Nils. Here is what an 8-hour photo shoot and hair by David Bowie's stylist looks like.

Enjoy and thanks,

Steve

--
Steven C Daiber