Dear Friends and Colleagues - You have already learned of the passing of
our dear friend and colleague Nancy Schuller. I am writing to you from
London where I have just arrived to attend meetings and a conference
scheduled for next week. I learned of Nancy's death upon  my arrival
although I had known she was in her last hours before I left.

Nancy is survived by her daughter Nicole Schuller and husband Brian. Close
to her at the end were her sisters-in-law Fran Moen and Mary Len Rees who
live on the West coast. Fran is preparing Nancy's obituary which I will
send to the lists as soon as I have it.

We are also hoping to have memories and remembrances sent to Nicole who was
perhaps too young to appreciate all that Nancy did when she was still a
youngster and teenager. If you have photos, anecdotes, or something about
Nancy that you would like to share with Nicole, please get them ready. I
will send you contact information for her along with the obituary.

As many of you may know, I was blessed to have Nancy as a friend and
colleague for many years. From 1983 until 1996 (or 97?), we taught a
variety of visual resources workshops at the University of Missouri-Kansas
City (with Nancy DeLaurier), the  University of Texas Austin, and at my
school, the University of Oregon. Nancy and I shared many other leadership
experiences including launching the VRA as its first officers. She was so
full of energy -- and life -- for so many years. It is difficult to imagine
visual resources without Nancy, but that we must do.

With my best wishes to all who mourn the loss of Nancy -- and those who
know her because of her valuable legacy,
Chris.

Christine L. Sundt, Editor
*Visual Resources: An International Journal of Documentation *
PO Box 5316
Eugene OR 97405-0316 - USA
phone: 541.485.1420
VR Web site: http://www.mindspring.com/~sundt-vr/