Join Us for the

FALL MEETING of ARLIS-DMV

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2011

at the

SMITHSONIAN LIBRARIES

Please let us know if you plan to attend by filling out this form.

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:

9:30 Coffee and refreshments in the Library on 3rd floor of Victor Building

10:00  Welcome from Smithsonian Libraries

10:15-10:45: Social media at Smithsonian Libraries

10:45-11:15: Epubs and digital initiatives at SIL

11:15-11:30 Break

11:30-12:30 Business Meeting

12:30-2:00 Lunch on your own

2:00-4:00 Freer/Sackler library tour

TRANSPORTATION:

The morning meeting will be held in the Victor Building, 750 9th St., N.W. 4rd Floor, which is centrally located in Chinatown/ Penn Quarter. It is walking distance from both the Metro Center (Red, Blue, Orange lines) and Gallery Place/Chinatown (Green, Red, Yellow line) Metro stops, and near to Union Station (Amtrak, MARC trains). If you wish to drive, a map of nearby pay-to-park garages can be found here. (Please email me if you have trouble seeing this map with your browser). **Please NOTE, the meeting is not in the main SAAM/NPG Museum building**

In the afternoon we will meet at the Freer/Sackler Library on the Mall, which is about a 20 minute walk, or a quick metro ride from our morning location.

FOOD:

Lunch will be on your own, and there are many options in all price ranges to be found in Chinatown/Penn Quarter. Some suggestions can be found on this map. (Please email me if you have trouble seeing this map with your browser).

I’d like to thank Doug Litts for organizing such a wonderful program! Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have.

Best,

Anne

Anne H. Simmons

Reference Librarian for Vertical Files/Microforms

National Gallery of Art

Washington DC

202 842 6054