Hi everyone,

I, along with our Chinese studies librarian recently visited the home of a former UCSD faculty member whose wife has recently passed away.
His wife was a PhD in art history, with specialization in Asian art.

I was impressed with the content of the collection, primarily books and serial runs,  which has been loving cared for by the Spiro's. The collection is strong in Chinese and SE Asian art. Unfortunately there is not an inventory list.

The quick searching I did for a few selective items concluded that they were held either at UCSD or by another UC, or  available on JSTOR.

I did want to share this with you all in case anyone might be interested to speaking to Mr. Spiro, or know of another institution that might be interested in a retrospective collection. If not, my next step will be to put him in touch with California book dealers who specialize in art.

Thanks everyone.

Leslie

Leslie Abrams, MSLS
Head, UCSD Arts Library