It seems like there are varying definitions of 'participatory
librarianship'...at bowdoin our purchases are highly driven by faculty
requests--not just suggestions. We also have several approval plans--but
the ebook facet is different--with many plans, you  pay something for a
big bulk of titles, and then after x number of patrons look at it, in more
than a cursory way, that item is purchased automatically. It seems that
these programs are still being tweaked...and so far, not much art stuff in
them. The problem of images will as Elizabeth says, keep us in the 'book'
column for a while!

Anne

Anne B. Haas
Art Librarian