Has anyone participated in one of these Wikipedia wiki-coordinated programs of distributed micro-conferences, or know of someone else who has?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Loves_Libraries

We’ve been looking for ways to re-establish this museum library’s local public profile after several years of compromised access due to building construction.   Marketing staff here have suggested this Wikipedia program as a possible path.  Dealing as we all do with library users who think Wikipedia equals research, we are hesitant and wonder what the catch is!

Karen

Karen McKenzie

Chief Librarian

E.P.Taylor Research Library & Archives

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

Art Gallery of Ontario

317 Dundas St. W.

Toronto, ON   M5T 1G4

Canada

PH  416-979-6660

FX  416-979-6602

www.ago.net

ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.