Hello ARLIS Members,

Just one more day to vote for our Librarian's Choice Award for Uncommon Threads, our current book arts exhibition here at 23 Sandy Gallery.

Find the full online catalog here: http://www.23sandy.com/uncommon_threads/catalog.html

We'd be thrilled to have your vote for the Librarian’s Choice Award. After we tally all votes, the top three works will be presented this very special award. Plus, one of the
winning works will be purchased by 23 Sandy Gallery and donated to a voting library. But hurry, the deadline for voting is this Saturday, October 15, 2011.

You can find the online voting form here: http://www.23sandy.com/uncommon_threads/librarians_vote.html

Book and paper artists have the ability to work with an enviable palette of artistic materials and techniques—including traditional handicrafts. Think knitting, embroidery, sewing, beading, felting, needlework, stitching, quilting and other myriad possibilities. Combine these techniques and materials with a strong concept, meaningful content or a compelling narrative and we have a new era in the art and fine craft of book and paper arts. Come explore how artists are using these crafts while we dispel the myth that handicrafts don’t have any place in meaningful art. This show, on view until October 29 features 49 works created by 45 artists from across the country as well as England, Argentina and Canada.

Thank you and feel free to contact me with any questions.

Best Regards,

Laura

--
Laura Russell