This seems to me very similar to putting children in charge of buying a families food for a month in whatever store they wish to shop in. It appears to be the antithesis of collection development, leaving little left but collection management. And managers ALWAYS report to someone further up the food chain.

Yikes Charlie Brown, what now?

Kevin Mullen, Bookseller Mullen Books, Inc. Libraries and Books Bought and Sold P.O. Box 472 Marietta, PA 17547 USA 717-618-0481 http://www.mullenbooks.com