The "Catalog Card Concerto" is really wonderful.  Definitely worth the 3:49
it takes!  Thanks for sharing.  --Joan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cristine Rom" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 3:20 PM
Subject: Re: [ARLIS-L] looking for catalog cards

Hi everyone,

We still have a shelf list (just for sentimental reasons and due to a
certain amount of inertia) now no longer used. What to do?

At the Cleveland Institute of Art, students in one of our foundation design
class got creative and transformed catalog cards into an orchestra of
noisemakers. One student in the class then recorded the sounds, manipulated
them, and created a sound piece. Using photos of the event and from around
the library, one of our Digital Arts students produced a video to accompany
the sound piece. The video premiered to a packed auditorium as the featured
musical interlude at CIA's 2011 commencement celebration.

If you want to see it, simply go to
http://www.youtube.com/user/cleinstituteart#p/u/7/xAXxrSwdwJI or Google
"catalog card concerto."

Enjoy! Cris
Cristine Rom | Library Director
Gund Library: A Library for Visual Artists
http://www.cia.edu/library
Voice: 216-421-7440 | Fax: 216-421-7439 | [log in to unmask]

Visitors and correspondence : Cleveland Institute of Art, 11141 East
Boulevard, Cleveland, OH 44106
Deliveries and shipments: Cleveland Institute of Art, 11610 Euclid Avenue,
Cleveland, OH 44106