A reminder that the deadline is tomorrow!

We will be recording the conference with Adobe Connect. My colleagues who participated in the ACRL virtual conference, using Adobe Connect, in the spring are still getting questions from people who visited the virtual conference since that date!  If you have a topic you want to get out there, seen by colleagues at the moment as well as after the fact, please feel free to submit a proposal.  The beauty of a virtual conference.  Also, our last virtual conference was wonderfully informative, so we want all to come join us, even if you don't present.

--Peggy

From: ARLIS/NA List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Peggy Keeran
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 6:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Call for Proposals: ARLIS/NA-MW Second Virtual Conference

Call for Proposals: Second ARLIS/NA Mountain West Chapter Virtual Conference
Discovery, Literacy, Practice:  Current Trends in Art Information

The Mountain West Chapter is now seeking proposals for sessions and papers for our second Virtual Conference to be held on Thursday, November 3, 2011.

Though sponsored and organized by the ARLIS/NA Mountain West Chapter, our virtual conference will be open to the larger community of art information professionals, including librarians and visual resources curators in academic, museum, corporate, and other environments.  You do not need to be a member of the Mountain West Chapter to submit proposals or participate in the conference as an attendee.  Registration fees will be $30 for ARLIS/NA Mountain West members, and $40 for all other participants.

Conference programming should address one or more of the following themes:

*        Discovery: how new tools such as next generation OPACs, federated searching, discovery services, document delivery, and more are changing the way our users find and interact with information resources

*        Literacy: information professionals' response to a changing information environment through outreach, education, marketing, and promotion

*        Practice: innovative new tools for productivity and collaboration

The conference themes presented above are not meant to be exhaustive or literal. Feel free to interpret them creatively and to include viewpoints we have not anticipated. Proposals that allow for significant discussion and dialogue between presenters and attendees are strongly encouraged.  We hope to make this virtual chapter conference a lively, engaging, and valuable experience for participants.

A paper is a proposal for a 15-20 minute presentation on a topic of your choice.

A session is a proposal for a presentation of up to 3 papers on related topics.

Deadline for submissions: August 15, 2011

Guidelines for Submission:
Please send the following to Peggy Keeran, ARLIS/NA Mountain West Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>:
--type of proposal (paper or session)
--250-word abstract
--list of participant(s)
--institutional affiliation and contact information for presenter(s) and organizer(s)
--anticipated length of time needed for paper or session proposed

Peggy Keeran
Arts and Humanities Reference Librarian
University of Denver
303-871-3410

.

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/join.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

.