From: ARLIS/NA List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Patrick, Jill
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 1:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Query re: Olivier String Models

Can anyone help with this query? It is from an historian and researcher with the Canada Science and Technology Museum in Ottawa. Please reply to me [log in to unmask] and I will forward your emails to the requestor and summarize for the list – as others may find this intriguing.

“I am trying to touch base with someone from your institution who might be able to help me with a project that I am working on. I am currently researching a set of Theodore Olivier 3D Geometrical Models. I am trying to figure out if these items would have been used at all to assist in drawing purposes or in teaching geometry at all in Canada in the nineteenth century. I have put together a flickr page of these models here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/60678966@N02/sets/72157626900812486/

I was wondering if you or one of your colleagues might know if there is anything in your library or archives which might suggest that these at all were used. Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated! Have a great day.”

Thank you.

Jill Patrick MLS

University Librarian and Director, Library Services

T 416.977.6000 x348

F 416.977.6006

E [log in to unmask]

OCAD University

100 McCaul Street, Toronto, Canada M5T 1W1

www.ocad.ca