Greetings from East Windsor, NJ (about 1/2 hour from Princeton).

My part of EW made it through unscathed - I had power during the entire storm and only a bit of water in my basement.  Lots of branches and leaves down across the neighborhood.  Most businesses in my community that were open on a Sunday were in fact open yesterday. Because the sewage treatment plant flooded, we were on sewage restrictions (no excessive toilet flushing, no excessive use of water) all day yesterday.

Took some photos if you are interested - http://www.flickr.com/photos/kateycp2k/sets/72157627540648572/.

The next town over from us - Hightstown - was not so lucky.  Their entire downtown is flooded.  So I am less than a five minute drive from some serious damage.  Take a look:  http://eastwindsor.patch.com/articles/hightstown-borough-under-water#youtube_video-7523064

Parts of Princeton are flooded, I know from friends the campus is shut down to all but non-essential personnel today.  Do not know anything about Rutgers.

Transit is such a mess - subways in NYC are back up and running, but New Jersey Transit rail service is still shut down.  So I work from home today.  Not bad working while in pjs if you ask me.

Best to all,

Kate
Kate Kosturski, MSLIS, Pratt Institute
609-235-7658 (mobile)