Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. Hi, Amy:

I set up a separate Career Resources section in the library.  It's near Reference, but has its own signage and colored spine labels.  Materials are non-circulating and we cycle out annuals or regularly updated volumes into the circulating collection with the most recent in CR.

I've found this to be effective as a one-stop-shopping area for internships, grad school information, resume-writing, how to be an artist books, etc.  I also store catalogs from AICAD colleges and other art schools as well as study abroad materials in the same place; this stuff used to be in Student Affairs, but their hours are far shorter than the library's.

Best,
Moira
Moira Steven, Library Director
Joanne Waxman Library @ Maine College of Art
522 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
207-775-5153 (general)/207-699-5090 (direct line)/207-775-5087 (fax)

"Most people don’t realize how important librarians are. I ran across a book recently which suggested that the peace and prosperity of a culture was solely related to how many librarians it contained. Possibly a slight overstatement. But a culture that doesn’t value its librarians doesn’t value ideas and without ideas, well, where are we?" — Neil Gaiman