Hi, Amy:

I set up a separate Career Resources section in the library.  It's near
Reference, but has its own signage and colored spine labels.  Materials are
non-circulating and we cycle out annuals or regularly updated volumes into
the circulating collection with the most recent in CR.

I've found this to be effective as a one-stop-shopping area for internships,
grad school information, resume-writing, how to be an artist books, etc.  I
also store catalogs from AICAD colleges and other art schools as well as
study abroad materials in the same place; this stuff used to be in Student
Affairs, but their hours are far shorter than the library's.

Best,
Moira
Moira Steven, Library Director
Joanne Waxman Library @ Maine College of Art
522 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
207-775-5153 (general)/207-699-5090 (direct line)/207-775-5087 (fax)

"Most people don’t realize how important librarians are. I ran across a book
recently which suggested that the peace and prosperity of a culture was
solely related to how many librarians it contained. Possibly a slight
overstatement. But a culture that doesn’t value its librarians doesn’t value
ideas and without ideas, well, where are we?" — Neil Gaiman