Please take a look at my
  Guide to Research in Islamic Art and Architecture
  http://guides.hcl.harvard.edu/islamic-art

in particular --
  Islamic Art of South Asia
  http://guides.hcl.harvard.edu/content.php?pid=201953&sid=1688174

but you can also find useful material in other sections of the research guide,
such as
  Bibliographies and Periodical Indexes
  http://guides.hcl.harvard.edu/content.php?pid=201953&sid=1688149

  Miniature Painting, Calligraphy & Other Book Arts
  http://guides.hcl.harvard.edu/content.php?pid=201953&sid=1688156

  Museums and Collections
  http://guides.hcl.harvard.edu/content.php?pid=201953&sid=1688162

For 19th and 20th century art and architecture of India, I suggest doing
some keyword searches in Harvard's OPAC <http://hollis.harvard.edu/>
using  combinations of subject words such as
   art india influences
   architecture india influences
   painting indic influences
   art modern india

Your new faculty member should be able to help you sort out what would be most relevant to her teaching and research. If you need additional suggestions of titles, just let me know and I'd be glad to provide some.

Best

András

---
András Riedlmayer
Bibliographer in Islamic Art and Architecture
Documentation Center -- Aga Khan Program
Fine Arts Library -- Harvard University
http://guides.hcl.harvard.edu/islamic-art