ARTstor altered its usage policy yesterday. People can no longer download an image without logging into a personal ARTstor account even if they are inside the IP range of the subscribing institution. This is a really unfortunate development as I’m afraid that students will see the need to log in as a hassle or even a violation of privacy.

Did anyone out there receive any notification about the change of terms? No one at MassArt did and we only found out when we called them. I wonder what prompted this change.

Greg

Greg Wallace, Ph.D.

Public Services Librarian - Reference and Instruction

Massachusetts College of Art and Design

621 Huntington Avenue

Boston, MA 02115

401.527.6833 (mobile)