Dear Members,

If you are planning to attend the ALA conference in New Orleans in June, please consider giving some of your time to promote ARLIS/NA to our library colleagues throughout the country and beyond. Any amount of time would be helpful to Tom Caswell and our dedicated other volunteers.

Many thanks for your consideration,

Jon

Jon Evans

President, ARLIS/NA

Director, Hirsch Library

Museum of Fine Arts, Houston

P.O. Box 6826

Houston, TX 77265-6826

713-639-7393 (ph)

713-639-7795 (fax)

www.mfah.org/library

RE: ALA Affiliates Exhibit Booth in New Orleans - STILL NEEDS VOLUNTEERS!

Contact me at [log in to unmask]  if you want to sign up!   -Tom Caswell, ARLIS/NA Liaison to ALA

Anyone attending ALA in New Orleans? We still need volunteers at the Affiliates Booth, so come help promote ARLIS/NA!

The arrangements for American Library Association's 2011 Annual Conference Affiliates Booth have been finalized. The Affiliates have been assigned Booth # 2122 located at the exhibit room in the Moral Convention Center (MCC) in New Orleans, LA.

Since ARLIS/NA is an Affiliate organization of ALA, we have the opportunity to present information about ARLIS/NA and talk to exhibit-goers about our organization. Each Affiliate has the opportunity to display brochures at all times, even if the booth is being manned by other affiliates. If you are attending ALA in New Orleans in June, it would be great to have volunteers from ARLIS/NA to help run the booth. Hour-long shifts are available for up to two volunteers from any of the Affiliate organizations. Hours of operation are as follows:

Saturday, June 26 – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

Sunday, June 27 – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

Monday, June 28 – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm

PLEASE let me know a.s.a.p. if you are available to volunteer and your preferred time slots. And even if you can’t volunteer, be sure to stop by Booth # 2122 to say hello and help talk up ARLIS/NA!