Mark your calendars for another upcoming Lunchtime Chat presented by ARLIS/NA's Professional Development - Education Subcommittee. Chat discussions take place in a Meebo online chatroom and are free and open to all.

Lunchtime Chat

Spring Conference Round-up

Friday, June 3, 2011, 11 am Pacific -- 12 pm Mountain -- 1 pm Central -- 2 pm Eastern

Moderator: Cara List, Art and Architecture Librarian, University of Oregon

Guest speaker: Eamon Tewell, Senior Library Assistant, Moore College of Art & Design

Did you attend other conferences this spring besides our own (fantastic) joint meeting with VRA? Were there any conferences you were curious about but not able to attend?

In our first lunchtime chat of the summer, we are hosting a "spring conference round-up" conversation to share the wealth of our experiences and identify common themes and concerns that cut across our related professional circles. Many ARLIS members participate in other professional organizations, but in this time of tightened travel budgets, it is sometimes difficult to explore different conferences. Guest speaker Eamon Tewell will share his experiences at ACRL and CAA, and we encourage any of you who attended other conferences this spring to join the conversation. The informal discussion will focus on new resources, initiatives, and inspiring ideas.

Please join us to gather highlights and insights from colleagues' experiences and share your own!

Details and chat instructions are posted at http://www.arlisna.org/chats/index.html (chatroom is embedded at the bottom of the page)

--
Alice Whiteside
Information Literacy Librarian