I returned from seven weeks in Havana on May 2, 2011 after teaching a
new series of book workshops at San Alejandro Academy of Art and making
with 14 Cuban artists the second book in the trilogy-/Privacidad/. On
this trip, I finished two of my own books that have been gestating or in
process for years- /La playa and La acera./

There were a couple of interesting exhibitions up including La Se Leer
an exhibition on text and image by Latin American artists at the Wifredo
Lam Contemporary Art Center. I met up with the graphic designer and
poster curator Pepe Manendez and saw some great contemporary Cuban
poster art. My friends in Proyecto Taller had the roof collapse on their
print shop forcing them to move again.

I will have photos of the books /Privacidad, La acera and La playa /up
on my website in a few days.

Here is the link to a few photos of the most recent adventures in Havana.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redtrilliumpress/collections/72157626521795469/

Thank you again to all the supporters of Red Trillium Press who helped
to make this trip a success.

Steven C Daiber
Red Trillium Press/ Aqui en la lucha
www.redtrilliumpress.com