I sell stuff on Ebay and Amazon for myself - and I can make several
suggestions -- first, look up some of the titles you are considering to
sell.  Using Amazon, you can see what other copies are being sold and for
how much.   The same thing for Ebay, which also allows you to do a sold
search and see if other copies have been sold.  Ebay also owns half.com.

If you sell on Ebay, you will need a Paypal account.   You will pay an
insertion fee for listing the book (and it depends on what your starting bid
will be).  You will also pay a final value fee if the book sells.  Starting
in July, Ebay's final value fee will include the postage cost.  (YUCK).
Here in the USA, one can send a book using media mail.  If you sell the book
outside the US, the postage will be higher as there is no separate rate for
books.  First class international, and heavy books will cost a lot.

Amazon does not charge you to list, and they have a certain rate for
postage, but sometimes the book's postage costs more than what Amazon has
allowed for, and you pay the difference.  Amazon does take a percentage of
the sale price.    You can link your bank account or checking account to
Amazon, and get paid directly by Amazon.  They pay after you notify the
shipper that the book has been shipped.

Ebay owns Paypal.   You set up a paypal account (linked to your own
financial account), and Paypal also takes a cut of the sale!

Marlene A. Koenig
Librarian
WAAC - Virginia Tech
1001 Prince Street