I thought this might be of interest:

"Under an agreement signed on Thursday by organisations including Britain's
National Archives, the Commission for Looted Art in Europe, the US National
Archives and Records Administration (Nara) and Germany's Bundesarchiv, the
records will be available through a single web portal."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/05/archive-artworks-stolen-nazis-on
line

Peter Stern, Ph.D.
Bibliographer for Romance Languages, Fine Arts, and Area Studies
Du Bois Library
University of Massachusetts
154 Hicks Way, Amherst MA 01003-9275
413-545-3967/413 577-1536 (fax)
http://tinyurl.com/3ktbprn

"We live for books. A sweet mission in this world dominated by disorder and
decay."
--The Name of the Rose

"The 'state of emergency' in which we live is not the exception but the
rule."
--Walter Benjamin