[See newsletter attachment]

*What:*
Open Doors at Hart House Library and "Stories About Storytellers: An
Afternoon with Doug Gibson and Many Famous Canadian Authors"

*With:*
Library Tours Conducted by the Library Curator, Katya Pereyaslavska, and the
Dedicated Team of Library Science Student Volunteers

Performance by Doug Gibson of McClelland and Stewart

*When:*
May 16, from 10am to 4pm.
*
Hart House Open Doors*
*Where:*
Hart House - Second Floor
7 Hart House Circle
Toronto, ON
416 978 2445

*Stories About Storytellers:*
*When:*
May 16, from 4pm to 5pm.

*Where:*
Hart House - Debates Room
Hart House, University of Toronto
7 Hart House Circle
Toronto, ON, Canada
M5S 3H3

To learn more about the library, please visit our
website:www.harthouselibrary.com

Also, please join us on Facebook & Twitter or follow our blog at:

Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=182603725123827>
Twitter <http://twitter.com/#%21/LibHartHouse>
Blog <http://harthouselibraryblog.blogspot.com/>

*About the Hart House:*

The Hart House Library is an organic space, a living institution which grows
and adapts to the ever-changing needs of our dedicated multi-demographic
patrons. Under the stewardship of the Literary and Library Committee, the
library seeks to be all-inclusive by offering a variety of opportunities to
student groups and volunteers to participate in building a stronger literary
community at Hart House and maintaining a relevant and special collection of
literature to reflect the library's evolving interests.

Hart House library is a reading and browsing library, whose unique
contribution to the university experience and to Canada's literacy culture
has been attested by generations of students, including many of Canada's
promising writers and leaders. The library's physical character is
consistent with its cultural and historical character. This requires that,
first, the library be maintained as readers space, not a study space, and
second, that a conservation-oriented approach be taken to physical change.

Currently, there are five ongoing projects which include the maintenance of
our blog, organizing the display cabinet, evaluating our rare book
collection, an Eco book drive and weeding. Project contributions are
voluntary and volunteers are welcome to contact each other to develop new
and exciting initiatives for future projects! We would like to take this
opportunity to share with visitors details about our past and current
initiatives and address challenges and successes with regard to running this
unique special library!

*About Stories About Storytellers:*

Look for stories about Hugh MacLennan, Morley Callaghan, Robertson Davies,
James Houston, Pierre Trudeau, Mavis Gallant, and Others.

This show, now in Preview, will be traveling the country before Doug's book,
"Stories About Storytellers" hits shelves in October of this year.

Doug performs author caricatures of those authors he has published over a
long and fascinating career as a Canadian publisher with McClelland and
Stewart.

If interested in learning more about this tour, please contact our
promotional team: Eric Chor, Stephanie Quail and Stacey Redick

*Katya Pereyaslavska

*
*Master of Information (University of Toronto, 2011)***
*M.A. Fine Art History, University of Toronto (2007)**
* <http://www.harthouselibrary.com/>
www.katyapereyaslavska.com