Greetings!

I am pleased to share with you the news that Patricia Albers, my
colleague at San Jose State, has written a book on abstract artist
Joan Mitchell.  Titled Joan Mitchell, Lady Painter:  A Life, it is
being released by Knopf on May 3rd.  The early reviews comment on the
depth of research and the strength of the narrative of this book.
Having had the pleasure of hearing Patricia Albers speak about her
research on Mitchell, I would encourage you to consider this title for
your collection.  Patricia will also be on a book tour this
summer--Illinois and Iowa are already on the map.  I invite you to see