From: ARLIS/NA List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lockard, Ray Anne
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] I.D. Badges for Librarians

Dear Colleagues,

Our library system at the University of Pittsburgh will soon require all librarians and staff to wear ID Badges with “Ask a Librarian” under them.  They will include our first and last name.  I know that some libraries do this, but the badges I have seen hang low on a lanyard and it is difficult to see the person’s name.  The Pitt design is very bold with large lettering that is very easy to see.  We have concerns about ID theft, stalking, etc.   Have any of you who wear badges ad problems of any kind like the ones I have mentioned?  Or other problems?

Thanks so much for your input!

Ray Anne Lockard

Bibliographer and Public Services Librarian
Frick Fine Arts Library
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA  15260
Voice-mail:  412-648-2410
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

"A book should be a ball of light in one's hands."  Ezra Pound