Scholars Resource is pleased to announce a new Image Set:

CDR-1227: SR Set: Frescoes

 Our image set includes a selection of frescoes ranging from early examples of painting in wet plaster from Minoan Crete to recent works painted within the last century. Here the general term fresco refers not only to painting on wet plaster (buon fresco), or nearly dry plaster (mezzo-fresco), but also to works painted on dry plaster (a secco). Examples of under drawings or sinopia are included. We offer a good cross section of works ideally suited to teaching this unique form of painting in art history surveys and seminars, as well as other disciplines such as architecture, history, and literature. April 2011

611 Images may be viewed at http://www.scholarsresource.com/browse/image_set/886

As always, please contact Todd Jones (TJ) at [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] or at 303 997-2900, ext. 230 for more information

--
Renate Wiedenhoeft
President, SASKIA Ltd.