Hi Ruth,

We started out using WordPress for our research guides. Here are some
examples:

Fashion: http://blogs.artcenter.edu/library-fashion/
Illustration: http://blogs.artcenter.edu/library-illustrators/
Product Design: http://blogs.artcenter.edu/library-productdesign/
Photography: http://blogs.artcenter.edu/library-photography/business/

For us, WordPress ended up not being a workable solution.  Consequently,
we have purchased LibGuides and are in the process of transferring all of
our research guides over.  The major problem was that IT was in control of
the template and adding widgets, so the extra layer of red tape and
response delays made it unworkable.  Widgets had to be requested, and the
template was so unstable that widgets ended up breaking the template.
Then assistance in adjusting the CSS and fixing problems was delayed, as
there wasn't anyone readily available to troubleshoot or make changes.  If
you have complete access to WordPress perhaps this might not be an issue
for you.  Also, the blog format didn't really fit the nature of the
material.  We were mostly creating pages and not posts in order to keep
sources and materials organized, but page changes didn't go out in RSS
feeds like the blog post did.  We felt it wasn't quite the right fit for
the information and organizational structure we were trying to provide.

Jennifer Faist
Library Systems and Digital Collections Administrator
James Lemont Fogg Memorial Library
Art Center College of Design
1700 Lida Street
Pasadena, CA   91103