It is a pleasure to announce that Emily J. Hunter is the 2011 winner of the ARLIS DC-MD-VA Chapter's Caroline Backlund Professional Development Award. The Backlund Award provides a stipend for attendance at the annual conference.

Emily is a student in the MLS program at the University of Maryland, and she is our Chapter's web manager. She will be participating in the conference as a volunteer, so please seek her out at the registration and hospitality desks, and at the silent auction. Also, look for her at ArLiSNAP gatherings!

Emily will share her conference experiences through a five-part blog post that will include descriptions, insights, anecdotes, and photographs.

Please join me in congratulation Emily Hunter.

Sally Stokes
Chair
Caroline Backlund Professional Development Award Committee
ARLIS DC-MD-VA