From: ARLIS/NA List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jillian Kehoe
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Book Covers: To remove or not remove...

Hello ARLIS

I’m curious to see what others schools do concerning book covers. Currently, we are putting plastic on the covers, covering our new books and putting them on display. After a few months, they get removed from display and placed into the stacks. We haven’t been removing the covers. What is your practice concerning book covers—do the covers get removed when the books get placed in standard shelving?

Thanks in advance for your help and opinions.

Jillian Kehoe

Librarian

Art & Architecture Library

New York Institute of Technology