Amy,
The student might try the following book:

Howard, Deborah. Venice & the East : the impact of the Islamic world on
Venetian architecture, 1100-1500. New Haven [Conn.] : Yale University
Press, c2000.

LC subject heading: Architecture--Italy--Venice--Islamic influences.

Art Abstracts, Avery Index to Architecture Periodicals should provide
articles as well. We have a few other books, but they are in Italian.

Jet Prendeville, Art/Architecture Librarian
Brown Fine Arts Library, Fondren Library
Rice University, Houston, TX