Dear Friends - A note to remind those among us interested in or challenged
by copyright to attend "*Copyright, CAA, and the Next Century*," on Friday,
February 11, 12:30 to 2:00 PM, at the upcoming CAA conference.  Sponsored by
the Committee on Intellectual Property (CIP), this session offers you a
chance to express your views about this often confusing and thorny problem
in an open-forum, Q&A-type gathering. We look forward to hearing from you
about how the CIP can better serve CAA's membership - what actions,
initiatives, or services you would like to see us undertake in the future.
We would also like to hear from you about past CIP programming or actions as
a way to gauge our next strategies. This is your opportunity to let us know
what has worked--or not-- and where we could be directing our attention,
expertise, and energy.

Doralynn Pines and I will serve a co-moderators of the session. CAA counsel
Jeffrey P. Cunard will be on hand as our legal expert. Committee members
(Ben Binstock, Rebecca Cleman, Scott Contreras-Koterbay, Charlotte Frost,
Joy Garnett, Karen Kelly, and Caitlin Shey) have been invited to join in the
discussion. The session will take place at the New York Hilton, Petit
Trianon, 3rd Floor. This session free and open to the public. Conference
registration is not required for this event.

See you there!

Christine L. Sundt, Editor
*Visual Resources: An International Journal of Documentation *
PO Box 5316
Eugene OR 97405-0316 - USA
phone: 541.485.1420
VR Web site & Special Offers:
http://www.mindspring.com/~sundt-vr/so.htm<http://www.mindspring.com/%7Esundt-vr/so.htm>
csundt(at)mindspring(dot)com or
csundt(at)gmail(dot)com

*VR* 26:4 (December 2010)
View the table of contents:
http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~db=all~content=g929138477<http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title%7Edb=all%7Econtent=g929138477><http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title%7Edb=all%7Econtent=g922223282>