Hello Colleagues,

I am working with a student who needs to locate biographical information on the Italian artist Nicola di maestro Antonio d’ancona.  His name is indexed in a variety of ways in indexes, etc.  We have looked in Grove Art Online and there is next to nothing in him there.  We have also checked all art databases to which we have access (nearly all of them) and some of what we find is in Italian, but we found one article in English.  I have suggested she use ILL.

We have no books on him.  And he is not in Hartt’s famed textbook – History of Italian Renaissance Art, Bruce Cole’s books on Renaissance art or others.

We only found a tiny amount via Google – nothing worth mentioning.

Two questions:  Could any wonderful colleague out there send us a fax of the following English language article today or tomorrow?  We do not have the year she needs for this article and neither do two other libraries in our city.  None of us has it in electronic format either.

Hedberg, G. “In Favor of Nicola di Maestro Antonio d’Ancona.”   Minneapolis Institute of Arts Bulletin 62 (1975):  84-99.

Secondly, do any of you know where to find basic biographical information on this artist?

Thanks so very much for any help you can lend us!  Yours, Ray Anne Lockard

Bibliographer and Public Services Librarian
Frick Fine Arts Library
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA  15260
Voice-mail:  412-648-5972
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

"A book should be a ball of light in one's hands."  Ezra Pound