Posting on behalf of Rebecca Lenzini:

The Fiesole Collection Development Retreat Series is holding its 13th

Retreat at the National Library of Russia, St. Petersburg, from May 11-13,

2011, with an emphasis on "Collecting Across Frontiers."  A .pdf copy of our Preliminary Program is available for your info. Please write to me at [log in to unmask]

As you'll see, speakers for the meeting include Janice Pilch of the

University of Illinois, Vasiliy Terletsky of COPYRUS, YS Chi of Elsevier,

Alexander Kuznetsov of NEICON, and Rachel Frick of DLF, among others.  In

addition, we have obtained very favorable rates at the Grand Hotel Europe

and will be hosting some sessions there, as well as at the National Library.

Registration and hotel forms are available online at:

http://digital.casalini.it/retreat/retreat_2011.html

Just as background, The Fiesole Retreats are an international series of

annual small meetings devoted to issues of collection development. We seek

to bring together decision makers from libraries, publishers and

intermediary organizations in an informal and highly conversational setting.

The retreats were originally inspired by Mario Casalini and The Charleston

Conference.  Our complete repository from past meetings is available at the

Casalini Libri website.

Thank you very much for your help in letting others know about the meeting.

If you need anything more from us, please contact me.  My mobile number is

303-886-4621 if that works better.

Rebecca Lenzini, Co-Organizer, The Fiesole Retreat Series

P.S.  Retreats are conducted in English, just FYI.

P.P.S.  We would love to have you join us!  If you would like to receive a

personal letter of invitation from the National Library of Russia, please

let us know.

-- PLEASE NOTE NEW MAILING ADDRESS --

Rebecca Lenzini

The Charleston Company

6180 East Warren Avenue * Denver CO * 80222

303-282-9706 Voice

303-886-4621 Mobile

303-282-9743 Fax

Kristen Regina