Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. [log in to unmask]">

To the ARLIS/NA Membership,

On behalf of the Strategic Planning Committee, I am writing to update you on our progress since my December 21 letter to ARLIS-L and to invite you, via an e-Survey, to participate in the strategic planning process that will move ARLIS/NA in a strong new direction relevant for 2011-15.

The Committee has worked hard over the past month to: 1) Review and edit the six preliminary goals and objectives already circulated to the membership - I attach the updated document to this message.  2) Complete the design of a short survey that will give every ARLIS member an opportunity to review, comment on, and expand the preliminary goals.

The survey is now live, and should take no more than 10-15 minutes to complete. Your responses are needed to improve on the goals and will form the basis of an Action Plan that will allow us to achieve these goals. As you respond to the questions, please consider your work in your institutions to ensure that the strategic goals capture and reflect the most important aspects of your daily work as well as your professional development, and their impact on the development of the Society in the critical years ahead.

Please follow this link to begin the survey:  http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/goalfeedback

Thank you for your participation in this important process.

Pat Barnett, Chair

for the ARLIS/NA Committee on Strategic Planning

SP Committee members:

Jamie Lausch, Hannah Bennett, Jennifer Garland,

Eumie Imm-Stroukoff, Barbara Rachenbach and Eric Wolf

Executive Board Liaison to the Strategic Planning Committee: Jon Evans

Patricia J. Barnett

Chief Librarian Emerita of the Frick Art Reference Library

[log in to unmask]    33 Greenwich Avenue #6J    New York NY  10014

212-243-4255 (NY)        646-206-8485 (mobile)       860-542-5889 (CT)