Apologies for cross-posting!

I wanted to give my ARLIS/NA colleagues a heads up that the Seattle Art Museum will be having a furlough beginning next week and that the libraries will be closed during this time. Here is the official statement.

Thanks!

Traci

***

SAM Downtown, the Seattle Asian Art Museum and the Olympic Sculpture Park Pavilion will be closed to the public for two weeks, January 31–February 15, 2011. The staff will also take a furlough during this time.

The Seattle Art Museum Libraries will be closed January 31 through February 15 as part of SAM's plan to significantly reduce its budget this fiscal year. During this time, both museum research libraries will be closed. SAM staff will not be available during this time to respond to email or voicemail inquiries.

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to serving you when we reopen on February 16th.

Traci Timmons, M.A., M.L.I.S.

Librarian

Seattle Art Museum

1300 First Avenue

Seattle, WA 98101

Phone: (206) 654-3220

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/Learn/Library/default.asp

Please note: The Seattle Art Museum’s facilities and administrative offices will be closed January 31 through February 15 for a furlough. This is part of a museum wide initiative to reduce our 2011 budget. For more information please click here