Hello ARLIS!

I recently stumbled across the publication Pop’Africana while browsing online. I have not held an actual issue in my hands (anxiously awaiting the arrival of issue #2) but I thought it had potential to be included in art and design collections. The publication only recently began and is set to release its 2nd issue.

Info page content:

Pop’Africana is a bi-annual fashion and art publication dedicated to delivering a rejuvenated image of Africans.
We are based in New York City.
Our aim throughout popafricana.com is to foster interactive (critical and fun) dialogue with our readers on a more frequent basis and in the process introduce them to the beautiful, the stylish and the new.
Here, you will find how diverse Pop’Africana is in its presentation and sources of inspiration.
popafricana.com is our opportunity to share the inclusive vision we have for Africa and Africans wherever they may be — a vision that we hope will continue to engage and inspire.”

*Inquiries: [log in to unmask]

Link to blog: http://www.popafricana.com/blog/

If anyone has had a chance to review the publication, I would love to hear from you – off list.

Best!

Hillary Veeder

Art & Design

Assistant Librarian