Greetings, Collective Wisdom.

I am posting this query on behalf of my colleague Barb Duff.
Please respond directly to her, and indicate if you'd like the results posted to list.
Cheers!

Hello Members,

We are in the process of rethinking our library space in The Robert McLaughlin Gallery in Oshawa, Ontario and would be interested in hearing, in a brief and general way, how others have met this challenge.

1.
      Do you have a space issue in your library and how are you handling it (weeding, collection policy, rolling shelving, merging collections/departments, off-site, etc.)?
2.
      Are you digitizing collections (artist files, archives, catalogues, books, slides, etc.), or any other alternatives?
3.
      What do your patrons/students/staff use or prefer most as research resources, and in what format (print, electronic, interactive white boards, etc.)?

Any input or suggestions would be most welcome.
Thank you,
Barb

Please reply to:

Barb Duff

Library Services Coordinator

The Robert McLaughlin Gallery

72 Queen Street, Civic Centre

Oshawa, ON    L1H 3Z3

905-576-3000 x102

Margaret English

Conference Local Arrangements Chair (Toronto 2012)
Art Libraries Society of North America

Librarian
Department of Art Library
University of Toronto