ARLISIANS—

The International Relations Committee is pleased to announce that the 2011 IRC study trip will be to MEXICO the week of August 22-26, 2011.

The trip will start in Mexico City so we can collaborate and network with our colleagues in Mexico, Latin America, and the broader international community during the IFLA satellite conference on art libraries (See Susan Craig’s posting on ARLIS-L from Nov 11 or their website http://www.ifla.org/en/news/art-libraries-satellite-conference-in-mexico-city-2011 for more information on the satellite conference).

After the IFLA conference we will then visit Oaxaca and possibly one other location in Mexico—still to be determined. Clayton Kirking is spearheading the IRC trip to Mexico. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or contacts there please do not hesitate to let us know.

The IRC also hopes you will consider presenting a paper at the IFLA conference. The deadline for submissions is January 31, 2011.

KRESS TRAVEL AWARD -- Don’t forget that the IRC is able to award $1,000 for travel to a conference at which you are presenting a paper. While the award specifies that the conference should be in Europe, since IFLA is an international organization which often holds its conferences in Europe, we hope to offer this award to a qualified speaker for this IFLA program.

In any event--- mark the trip on your calendars now; we hope that many of you will be able to participate in this unique and exciting opportunity for professional development.

Sincerely,

Kristen Regina, Chair IRC

Kristen Regina

Chief Art Librarian/Archives Manager