MLA early registration ends 12/31/10.

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rogan, Michael J.
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 7:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MLA-L] Philadelphia Here We Come!

Happy Holiday-of-Choice to everyone out in MLA-L Land!

This is one final reminder (before I'm "out of the office") to everyone
OTHER than the 299 people (as of yesterday afternoon) who have
registered for the 80th Annual Meeting of the Music Library Association.

Conference Registration rates go up $100 after December 31st!!

Yes, that's steep, but consider it for what it is:  a hefty incentive to
decide sooner (rather than later) to attend the MLA Annual Meeting.  Our
conferences are planned f-a-a-a-r in advance (do you realize that there
are some folks *already* hard at work on YOUR behalf for the 2012 Dallas
meeting!! - ok, ok, what are the holidays without a little guilt?)
Contracts are made with all sorts of service providers.  Any window we
might have to adjust a contract always requires plenty of advance
notice... consequently our encouragement to YOU to commit to attending
the conference, so that we're confident about how many to plan for.   In
the spirit of this season of celebrations, consider it a kind of a
financial R.S.V.P.

Another reminder:  hotel reservations need to be made by Monday January
10th, 2011.  And just a smidgen more guilt:  the room rates are part of
an overall contract with the hotel that covers everything from catering
the receptions and banquet to setting up the meeting rooms.  If we don't
provide the hotel with enough guest room nights, MLA becomes obligated
to start paying for things that were initially offered for free (like
those many meeting rooms we need)... so please consider staying at the
conference hotel as part of your commitment - to yourself! - to get the
most out of the conference experience!  The Annual Meeting is one of the
biggest benefits of association membership and maybe the most important
professional investment you can give yourself - and by your presence,
share with others.  I hope to see you in Philadelphia!

I'll end this blatant commercial now, but I do wish to each and every
one out there the joy of the season, safe journeys if you are traveling,
and a New Year that brings peace of mind and gladness of heart.

Michael

Michael Rogan, Head, Lilly Music Library
Granoff Music Center, Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155
library: (617) 627-3594
office:  (617) 627-2846
&
Music Library Association,
Treasurer/Executive Secretary
114 The Fenway 5
Boston, MA 02115

To leave MLA-L, send the command SIGNOFF MLA-L to
[log in to unmask] or send email to
[log in to unmask] To suspend receipt temporarily, send
the command SET MLA-L NOMAIL to [log in to unmask] MLA-L
archives: <https://listserv.indiana.edu/archives/mla-l.html>. Music
Library Association homepage: <http://www.musiclibraryassoc.org>.