I'm sending out this message on behalf of the Professional Development Co-Chairs who are seeking volunteers from the library community for a Professional Resume Critique:

 On behalf of the We are Cybil Stephens and Heather Buchansky, Professional Development Co-Chairs for the Masters of Information Student Council, at University of Toronto's Faculty of Information. We are looking for information professionals to participate in the Professional Resume Critique being organized for late November 2010.

What is the Professional Resume Critique?

This is an opportunity for Masters of Information (MISt) students to pair up with an information professional in their area of interest and to get a critical review of their resumes for content, format and layout.

How does it work?

Students are given the contact information for their respective professional, and contact the individual directly. The student and the professional determine a mutually agreed-upon time and place to meet and discuss the student's resume. This meeting can be in person (on-campus or off-campus), over the phone, or via e-mail... whatever works best.

Based on feedback from last year’s critique, we have implemented a mandatory resume workshop attendance policy for iSchool students. They will already have had their resumes edited for basic format and content errors and are now seeking one-on-one advice from an information professional who can provide more detailed tips.

If you are interested in providing advice and constructive comments to students regarding their resumes, please send an email to [log in to unmask] by Wednesday, November 17, 2010. Please include the following about yourself:

·      Name

·      Organization and title

·      Information field (i.e.: academic librarianship, medical librarianship, public archives, records management, etc.)

·      Contact information and preferred method of contact (phone, email, in person)

·      How many students’ resumes you are willing to critique

We hope to hear from you soon!

Many thanks,

Cybil Stephens and Heather Buchansky

SAVE THE DATE- The Employer Showcase (formerly the Job and Networking Event) will be held on Friday, January 14th, 2011

--
Effie Patelos  MI (candidate 2011), B.E.S., B.Arch
Reference Student Intern

GSU Representative, MI Student Council
iSchool, University of Toronto

Student Representative, ARLIS/NA ON