The ARLIS/SC Nominating Committee sought nominations for the positions
of Vice-Chair/Chair Elect (three year term as Vice-Chair; Chair;
Past-Chair) and Treasurer (two year term).

We received one nomination for Vice Chair and no nominees for Treasurer.
Cathy Billings has agreed to stay on as Treasurer for another year. The
Vice-Chair nominee has confirmed her willingness to serve.

We are pleased to announce the ARLIS/SC Chapter 2011 Board:

Krista Ivy, Chair

Janine Henri, Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect

Virginia Allison, Secretary

Cathy Billings, Treasurer

Alyssa Resnick, Past-Chair

Below is information about our newly elected Vice Chair. Please join us
in congratulating our new officers!

JANINE JACQUELINE HENRI

BRIEF BIOGRAPHY AND STATEMENT OF GOALS

I am currently the Architecture, Design, and Digital Services Librarian
in the Arts Library at UCLA.  I was previously Art Librarian, Fine Arts
Library (1991-1995), then Head, Architecture & Planning Library (Sept.
1995-Aug. 2007) at the University of Texas at Austin.

I am active in the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) as
well as in the Association of Architecture School Librarians (AASL).  I
have recently served as AASL President and previously served on the
Executive Board of ARLIS/NA as South Regional Representative.  While in
Texas, I was active in the Texas-Mexico Chapter of ARLIS/NA, including
serving as Chapter President and on conference planning committees.  I
have also served ARLIS/NA as a committee chair, as ARLIS/NA Liaison to
professional associations, as a Section and Division Moderator and as
member of Conference Planning Committees.  Prior to Texas I was active
in the Northern California Chapter of ARLIS/NA and since returning to
California I have served the Southern California Chapter as member of
the Nominating Committee.

The next three years will be exciting and interesting for the Southern
California Chapter as we prepare to host the 2013 ARLIS/NA conference in
Pasadena.  I look forward to the opportunity to work with our members to
showcase Southern California artistic traditions and institutions, to
explore new developments and challenges in our profession, and to
recognize the myriad talents of our membership.  Thus, the main goal for
my tenure will be to facilitate communication among our membership and
to facilitate the business of our society in order for us to host a
successful conference in 2013.

In addition, I have been fortunate enough to work at institutions with
accredited library schools and have enjoyed opportunities to mentor
library and information science students and interns, including the
first ARLIS/NA internship award recipient.   I will endeavor to build on
this experience and work with Southern California chapter members to
encourage student participation in our chapter activities.

...alyssa

Alyssa G. Resnick  MLIS

Library Administrator

Development, Technology & Collection Services

Glendale Public Library

222 E. Harvard St.

Glendale, CA 91205

818-548-2180