Hello All,

I'm trying to help a student who is looking for information about the way historical figures are portrayed in medieval art. That is, she wants to know if anything has been written about the way people from an earlier time period, such as King Arthur, are depicted in "modern" dress - and why this was done. I wouldn't have thought this would be so hard but I'm really coming up empty. Does anyone know of a good subject heading or some other way of researching this topic?

Thanks,
Karen Bouchard at Brown

--
Karen A. Bouchard
Scholarly Resources Librarian for Art and Architecture

Phone: (401) 863-3218

http://library.brown.edu/sr/profile.php?id=14

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Cicero.